Día 22 en Valladolid: Pollo Guisado

La Comida 

Una Cabeza de Ajo
 
I thought this head of garlic was such a pretty color!

Pasta con Salsa y Queso
 

 Chón fried some garlic which was mixed into the pasta along with tomate frito, a boxed tomato sauce with olive oil and paprika.
 
Pollo Guisado (Stewed Chicken)
This was delicious! Chón fried onions, garlic, and green bell pepper in olive oil, then added the mini chicken drumsticks, a little flour, bay leaves and water to cover, and let everything stew for about a half hour. The chicken was so tender and the sauce so yummy!

Platerina
 
The last donut nectarine--perfectly sweet and juicy.

Comments

  1. Cabeza = head
    Cerveza = beer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Head, cherries, and beer all sound so similar to me in Spanish. I was thinking cabeza while I was typing, and didn´t even notice that I wrote cerveza!

      Delete
  2. When Chón adds paprika to a dish, does she use a smoked paprika or a regular paprika? I looked at my tin of paprika. It's from Spain and it's labeled smoked (and sweet). It's such a beautiful color! -AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She uses regular paprika. I do love smoked paprika, though! I learned in my culture class that there are spicy versions of paprika available. I had thought that all paprikas were "sweet."

      Delete

Post a Comment