Día 14 en Segovia


My Vietnamese friend ordered this paella for lunch.  It didn´t have the crusty bottom, soccarat, so it wasn´t true paella. 

 
These were little tapas that came with the drinks others ordered.  The square on top of the tomato is the fried ham-cheese-ham Spanish croqueta.  I liked this croqueta better than the bite of the one I had at Chón´s house.

These are all honeys made in Segovia. I bought the Miel Brezo, which gets its flavor from bees that pollinate heather flowers. I liked this one because it was less sweet and had a deeper flavor than any other honey I´ve tried before.
 
 
Segovia is known for its suckling pig, cochinillo. I didn´t try any because it´s something that is best shared between several people.  Pigs are everywhere in Segovia, from piggy banks, to stuffed pink pigs, to metal pig sculptures.

Comments

  1. Did you taste the Roble (oak) honey? It looks verrry dark! (I love the dark honeys.)

    I got a chance to taste Sourwood honey recently, and sourwood flowers are tiny, delicate, and shaped like lily of the valley, but the honey made from those flowers is very very dark and robust! -AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did taste the oak. I can´t remember why, but I liked the heather a Little better. However I remember the oak being quite good.

    That sourwood honey sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment