Noche 2 en Valladolid: El Gazpacho

Gazpacho

We had gazpacho from a box tonight as the first course (primero). This was followed by leftover chicken and cured ham and cheese.
 Jamón
I opted to melt a triangle of cheese on my bread by briefly microwaving it.  Then I topped it with a piece of ham and made an open-faced sándwich.  Ham is very integral to the culture of Spain.  It seems to appear at every dinner.
I really liked the lemon yogurt Chón just bought and enjoyed dipping my peach in it.  It´s nice having the plain yogurt (yogur natural) at breakfast and flavored yogurt for dessert (postre).

Comments

  1. The Spanish chef I told you about would agree with your comment "Ham is very integral to the culture of Spain." I'll have to watch the episode about the special jamon iberico again.

    Thanks for including the Spanish words for the foods. Helps me remember more of my Spanish vocabulary (and my experiences ordering meals in Mexico!) -AM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment