Noche 7 en Valladolid: La Ensaladia Rusa

La Cena
 La Ensaladia Rusa
 
 4 medium patatas hervidas (boiled potatoes)
3 zanahorias (carrots)
1 c guisantes (peas)
4 huevos cocidos (hard boiled eggs)
1 c olivas verdes (green olives)
3 latas (tins) of atún (tuna)
1 tsp sal (salt)
1 1/2 c mayonesa (mayonnaise)
1/2 pimentón rojo, roasted (red bell pepper)
 
Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Dice the carrots. Chop the olives. Slice the peppers. Chop the eggs. Mix everything together in a bowl with mayo and salt. Serve.
Notes: Chón used canned peas, but frozen peas would have a prettier color.  She also used canned bell peppers. I think the tin of tuna was about 3 oz. There was no label.
 I´m not a big fan of potato salad, but I did enjoy this. It was quite different than any mayo based potato salad I´ve had before. I really liked the sourness of the olives which helped cut the fattiness of the mayo.

 El Bacalao con Ensalada Verde
 
Me gusta much el pescado! Especially when it´s not fried.  Chón sprinkled a little salt on each portion, some dried oregano, a drizzle of olive oil, then covered the plate of cod with an inverted shallow bowl and microwaved them for 2 minutes. Está! (I´ve found that Chón says this when something is done. It literally means "is," which confused me at first.)

El Paraguayo con Yogur
This donut peach was sweet and luscious. The perfect dessert.

Comments